Volunteer – Youth Ambassadors
Join a network of changemakers and social impact activists! We need your collective effort to help Kids & Art integrate the power of the arts to support all pediatric cancer patients and their families.
DARE TO DISRUPT YOUTH AMBASSADORS
Each year the Dare to Disrupt Ambassadors Program provides fundraising, advocacy, and leadership skills to empower tomorrow’s leaders.
No child should get cancer, ever. But they do. The Dare to Disrupt Youth Ambassadors learn how to advocate and create an impact in their community while amplifying for Kids & Art and supporting the greater pediatric cancer community. The program requires a one-year commitment in addition to the following requirements:
- Host one fundraiser with a minimum of $500 fundraising goal to benefit Kids & Art
- Follow Kids & Art social media and promote us on your social channels
- Write 20 handwritten personal messages to include in Kids & Art art kits
- Recruit one ambassador for the next year
- Write or record and share a testimonial about Kids & Art
Getting involved with Kids & Art not only supports the organization, it also gives youth and young adults the opportunity to meet new, like-minded youth, enrich their sense of purpose, improve moods and health, and help support pediatric cancer patients.
Benefits of the program include:
- A certificate of completion
- Learning how to advocate for your cause, how simple ideas can have a big impact, and how one person can be the change.
- Workshops to learn how to raise money for your cause through grant writing, developing sponsorships, and easy-to-host fundraisers
- A letter of recommendation to use for references/college applications
- Report with statistics of how your efforts impacted Kids & Art
- Collaboration with community and networking opportunities
- Promotion in Kids & Art newsletters, social channels, and event recognition
- Meet volunteer commitments for school.
- Youth 14+ of age (Anyone under 18 years of age needs an adult sponsor)
- Has a deep passion for social causes and desire to create an impact
- Wants to join a community of changemakers
- Access to a computer/smartphone and internet connection
- Availability to contribute 40 hours of service in a year to complete the program
- Be able to take part in fundraising activities for the organization