Creative Experiences at
Care Centers with Arts Professionals
Artist-In-Residence Program Grant
Kids & Art Foundation provides a dedicated arts professional to a select number of Care Centers through our Artist-in-Residence program to work with pediatric patients on a weekly basis in waiting rooms, treatment spaces, and bedside. The arts professional will work with child life staff and hospital care teams to identify patients who would benefit from creative experiences to help alleviate stress, fear and loneliness. The Artist-in-Residence Program is an annual grant that is awarded based on availability of funds. To be considered, Care Centers must submit a program grant application.
- Artist-in-Residence will create with pediatric and AYA cancer patients, as well as children with other critical medical conditions
- Artist-in-Residence sessions will take place one day per week for 2 hours.
- An additional weekday session can be accommodated for an additional charge.
- Care Centers will be notified about award status within 30 days of application submission.
- Artist-in-Residence awards are the calendar year.
- As part of the program, care center award recipients will be required to provide brief program feedback after 6 months of participation.